In 1870, St. Mary’s Catholic Mission Church was established in Hitchcock. The church was destroyed in the 1900 storm. It was rebuilt and renamed St Mary of the Immaculate Conception. In 1926, it was renamed Our Lady of Lourdes. It wasn’t until 1953 that the mission church was elevated to the status of a parish. In 1964, the parish convent and school were dedicated. Today, Fr. David Harris serves at the eighth pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes. He is assisted by Deacons Joseph Kelly and Alvin Lovelady. We have 1,089 families (2,944 individuals) registered in the parish.
Visit out Parish website here.